Technology has made almost everything easier. Gone are the days when one was left with no options but to manually pound yam when preparing pounded yam. Although some still prefer the manual process of preparing pounded yam, technology has introduced many other less stressful options, like the yam pounder machine, and has been widely accepted.
In this post, we will take a look at the different kinds and types of yam pounder machine available in the South African market today. More importantly, we will consider how much these machines go for and where they can be purchased.
Prices of Yam Pounder Machine in South Africa
With the market of yam pounder machine on the rise by the day, it is easy to see why many brands have dived into the production of the machine. There are different kinds and types of Yam Pounder machine in the market today. These types vary in mode of operation, sizes, and prices. Here are some of the most in-demand yam pounder machines in South Africa today and how much they go for.
- Akai 800 Watts Heavy Duty Motor Yam Pounder & Food Processor – R$1,188 – R$1,512
- Binatone Gourmet Machine And Yam Pounder GM-500 – R$3,420 – R$3,780
- Century Food Processor And Yam Pounding Machine – R$864 – R$1,152
- Eat Right Yam Pounder (cook And Pound) – R$4,608 – R$5,040
- STEEL Electric Yam Pounding/ Mixer Blender (3 Litres) – R$540 – R$648
- National Yam Cooker And Pounder – R$3,420 – R$3,960
- Paloma Yam Pounder & Food Processor – R$900 – R$1,260
- Paloma White FOOD PROCESSOR AND YAM POUNDER- HEAVY DUTY – 750 W – R$1,620 – R$2,700
- Pinnacle Yam Pounder And Multifunctional Food Machine 6L Bowl-1200 W – R$1,080 – R$1,368
- Prestige Stand Multi-functional Mixer- 5.2 Litres – R$1,980 – R$2,232
- Qasa Yam Pounding Machine & Cooker QYP-6000 – R$1,980 – R$2,340
- Rico Professional Yam Pounder – R$1,044 – R$1,440
- Smart home Yam Pounder, Tiger Nut Grinder And Any Dry Grinding- 3 Liter – R$720 – R$1,008
- Swiss Yam Pounding Machine Mixer Blender Fufu / Plantain /Cocoyam – R$1,368 – R$1,692
- Sokany Multipurpose Stainless Steel Electric Mini Wonder Chopper Food Processor Yam Pounder/chopper – R$540 – R$792
- Veronica FOOD PROCESSOR AND YAM POUNDER-1000 W – R$1,116 – R$1,476
The list above highlights the prices of the yam pounder machine for popular brands in that space in the market today. The prices estimated are as gathered in the current market and are largely reliable. Despite this, it is still essential for potential buyers to confirm these prices before purchasing one.
This is usually due to the discrepancy in prices of home and kitchen appliance in recent times. Also, the current unease in the global space as a result of the pandemic has affected the prices of similar products.
Hence, do not be surprised if the prices of the products listed above are even slightly higher in the market. The variation in the prices can also be a result of some other factors which could include the currency exchange rate at the period of purchase or period of import, place and period of purchase, and other related factors.
Things To Consider Before Purchasing A Yam Pounder Machine
Yam Pounder Machines are becoming more popular in the kitchen appliance market today. Apart from the fact they are seen as a way less stressful way of preparing Pounded Yam, it is also relatively faster. Yam pounder machines vary in prices, designs and mode of operation.
With many brands already into the production of the machine, picking a type has become even more difficult. Hence, it is essential to have some things in mind to consider when buying a yam pounder machine.
The Power Capacity of the Machine
This should be one of the first things to pop to your mind when you are looking to buy a yam pounding machine. Yam pounding machine comes in different power rating. You can get 750 W, you can get more, and you can also get less. The power rating affects the efficiency and overall performance of the machine.
If you are looking to use the machine to prepare pounded yam for commercial use, which means you’d be using the machine very often, then you should look at one with a high power rating. If it is for personal use, and you wouldn’t be using the machine as often, then you do not have to go for one with a high power rating.
The Size of the Machine
Another very important factor to consider is the size and capacity of the yam pounder machine. These machines come in different sizes and capacities and depending on how many people’s foods you are looking to make with it, you’d have to choose a complementing size.
You know you will have to go for one with a large enough capacity if you are looking to use the machine for commercial use. You can easily settle for one with a small capacity if you are using the machine for personal use only.
The Cost of the Machine
While you consider other things, what is perhaps, most important, is your budget. Yam pounder machines come in different types and designs and prices. You can get one for as cheap as R$900 or one as expensive as R$4,320. This depends on the size, capacity, power rating, and the brand you are going for. Some brands are notably more expensive than others.