The fan is more than a simple appliance that one uses to circulate air and cool a room. In fact, this cooling appliance is regarded as one of the to-haves in houses. Seen as a cheap alternative to air conditioning AC, fans can improve ventilation in a room and can also help lower the temperature of a room. While ceiling fans and wall fans have gained grounds in the market over the years, wall fans have also in their own ways become people’s darling.
For all the right reasons, wall fans are becoming prominent in the market. Although they might not be the most popular and most sought after types of fan in this part of the world, wall fans are widely regarded as one of the very best types of fan around. Wall fans serve as best alternatives to houses that cannot allow installation of ceiling fans, either because of the structure or strength of the ceiling. Wall fans are mounted on a wall. They combine the dynamism of standing fans with operation of standing fans.
In situations where space is limited, wall fans are usually the best. Unlike standing fans, all you do is mount it on any available space on the wall, thus leaving the remaining parts of the room free. Compared to ceiling fans, wall fans are easier to install and relatively stress-free to maintain. They can be installed in few minutes.
Wall fans are in various types with various modes of operation; some oscillates and some others are unidirectional. They are available in different designs, types, colors, qualities, hence they vary in prices.
In this post, we will take a look at prices of various brands of wall fans available in South Africa today. We will also consider some factors to note when buying one.
Prices of Wall Fans in South Africa
Wall fans will probably rank among the least when it comes to fan type popularity. They are not the most sought after but proud stand among the best and most flexible. They are suitable for houses, halls and other similar environments.
Just like standing and ceiling fans, wall fans are available in different sizes, designs, classes and vary in quality, durability and efficiency. While some popular brands have ruled this market over the years, some new generation companies are beginning to make wave with unique high-tech designs.
Wall fans can be purchased directly from the manufacturers or from distributors across the country. For convenience, they can also be gotten in contemporary stores or via e-commerce. Let us take a look at prices of some popular brands in 2018.
ORL Wall Fans & Prices in South Africa
- 16 inches wall fan: R$360 – R$720
- 18 inches wall fan: R$684 – R$1,080
- 20 inches wall fan: R$972 – R$1,152
- 26 inches wall fan: R$1,008 – R$1,440
Ox Wall Fans & Prices in South Africa
- 18 inches wall fan: R$576 – 30, 000
- 20 inches wall fan: R$972 – R$1,260
- 26 inches wall fan: R$1,008 – R$1,440
Other Wall Fan Brands and Prices in South Africa
- Century 16 inches wall fan: R$324 – R$540
- QASA 16 inches (orbit) wall fan: R$360 – R$720
- Panasonic wall fan: R$1,224 – R$1,800
- Lontor 16 inches wall fan: R$900 – R$1,260
- STC 16 inches wall fan: R$324 – R$540
- Qlink 18 inches wall fan: R$468 – R$720
Wall fans are among the most expensive types of fans. On the average, they are more expensive than ceiling fans and can be more expensive than standing fans depending on the brand, sizes and other features.
The variation in the prices listed above is as a result of certain factors which include the period and place of purchase, currency exchange rate and other similar factors. This means that a 16-inch wall fan might cost R$288 in other parts of Niger and cost R$360 in Johannesburg, Pretoria or Port Harcourt. Similarly, a 20-inch wall fan might cost R$540 in other months and cost double in December.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Wall Fan
- Brand: When it comes to wall fan, brand matters. Some brands have built a reputation of manufacturing high quality products while some are still not proven. Although the popularity of a brand doesn’t always guarantee quality, it is better to be on safe hands.
- Noise: Noise is another factor to consider. Wall fans have tendencies of generating noise that may disturb your sleep. It is always better to check and enquire about how noisy the wall fan you intend buying is before purchasing it.
- Consider the Size: Wall fans vary in inches. The size of wall fan you pick should hugely depend on the size of the room. The bigger the room, the larger the inches of wall fan you should get.