Scanner machines are regarded among the most important pieces of office equipment in modern space. Just like printers, they are one of the to-haves in office space and are also evidently useful in other commercial settings. Here, we will take a look at some of the popular scanner brands in South Africa today and how much their various scanner models sell for.
HP Scanner Machine Price in South Africa
- HP ScanJet Pro 2500 F1 Flatbed OCR Scanner – R$4,500 – R$5,040
- HP SCANJET PRO 3500 F1 FLATBED SCANNER – R$6,300 – R$7,020
- HP Scanjet 8270 Document Flatbed Scanner – R$13,320 – R$14,400
- HP Scanjet Professional 1000 Mobile Scanner – R$1,980 – R$2,340
- HP Scanjet Enterprise Flow 7500 Auto Duplex/Auto ADF Document Scanner – R$25,920 – R$27,000
- HP ScanJet Enterprise Flow 7000 S3 Sheet-feed Scanner – R$13,680 – R$16,200
Brother Scanner Machine Price in South Africa
- Brother ADS-2100E 2 Sided ADF Professional Color Desktop Scanner – R$828 – R$10,080
- Brother ADS-2800W 2 Sided Professional Document Wireless Scanner – R$7,200 – R$8,640
- Brother ADS-1100W Compact 2 Sided Document Scanner + Wireless – R$4,680 – R$5,400
Canon Scanner Price in South Africa
- Canon Canoscan Lide 300 Slim Color Image Scanner – R$1,080 – R$1,440
- Canon CanoScan LiDE 220 Scanner – R$1,440 – R$1,800
- Canon CanoScan LiDE 120 Coloured Scanner – R$1,260 – R$1,800
- Canon ImageFORMULA DR-F120 Document Scanner – R$4,320 – R$4,680
- Canon Dr-f120 Imageformula Office Document Scanner – R$4,140 – R$4,680
Epson Scanner Machine Price in South Africa
- Epson V19 Perfection Scanner – R$972 – R$1,260
Fujitsu Scanner Machine Price in South Africa
- Fujitsu SP-1120 Image/Document Scanner – R$6,480 – R$7,200
- Fujitsu Fi-7280 Flatbed Image / Document Scanner – R$32,400 – R$43,200
- Fujitsu Fi-7030 Image/Document Scanner – R$10,080 – R$10,800
- Fujitsu Fi-7160 Image/Document Scanner – R$14,976 – R$15,480
- Fujitsu SP-1130 Image/Document Scanner – R$8,100 – R$8,640
- Fujitsu Network Document Scanner N7100 – R$32,400 – R$34,200
- Fujitsu Fi-7140 Image/Document Scanner – R$12,600 – R$13,320
- Fujitsu Fi-7800 Image/Document Scanner – R$144,000 – R$154,800
- Fujitsu ScanSnap IX1500 Image/Document Scanner – R$10,440 – R$11,160
- Fujitsu Fi-800R Image / Document Scanner – R$10,800 – R$11,880
- Fujitsu Fi-7180 Image/Document Scanner – R$25,560 – R$27,000
- Fujitsu Fi-7260 Flatbed Image / Document Scanner – R$24,480 – R$25,920
Xerox Scanner Machine Price in South Africa
- Xerox Documate 6480 Scanner – R$68,400 – R$82,800
- Xerox Documate 752 Scanner – R$30,600 – R$31,860
- Xerox Documate 3640 Flatbed Scanner – R$34,560 – R$35,280
Things To Consider Before Purchasing A Scanner Machine
Scanners are regarded as one of the very important office equipment in recent times. They are very useful for small and large businesses. These machines vary in prices, designs and mode of operation. With many brands already into the production of the machine, it has become even trickier to select one. Here are some factors to consider when you are looking to buy a scanner machine.
Consider the Kind you Need -Flatbed or Document Handler
The first thing you need to consider when buying a scanner is to consider the exact type of scanner you need. There are two main types – the Flatbed scanners, which have a glass plate and a lid, and the document handlers, which have a feeder mechanism that helps load the papers and sheets.
You need to consider what you are looking to use the scanner machine for and decide based on that. The good news is, majority of the scanners today have both capabilities.
Consider the Speed
Speed is always an important factor to consider, especially if you are looking to use the scanner for commercial purposes. Observe how many pages the scanner can handle per minute. Although faster scanner machines are generally more expensive, they are usually worth it, especially for commercial businesses.
Decide on Simplex or Duplex
While some scanners can handle two side-scanning, some others cannot, and hence, require scanning the front and back pages separately. If you are looking to get a scanner for commercial purposes, you might be looking to get one that can print on both sides at once as they are usually faster and less stressful. Duplex, the two-sided scanners, are usually more expensive.
You also need to confirm which other functions the printer can perform. For instance, some also serve as printers and photocopiers. While it is always great to get a dedicated scanner as they are both more efficient. However, if you are considering space or you are looking to make maximum use of the scanner and printer combined, then you can go for ones that combine these functionalities.
Consider the Paper Size
This absolutely depends on what you would be scanning. You should consider the largest size the scanner can handle efficiently. There are various document sizes. You need to be sure the scanner can easily accommodate the paper size you will be working with, whether it is standard letter-size, legal-size or larger sizes.
Another factor to consider is connectivity. You need to consider if you require just one computer system to access the scanner or you will need multiple computer systems to be linked to the central scanner. Once you conclude on this, you will need to go for a scanner that suits this setting.
Consider the Resolution
Scanners have different dots per inch (dpi). If you are looking to scan regular standard documents, you can be comfortable with the standard scanners with standard 600 dpi. If you want a higher resolution though, you might need to be more intentional about the dpi of the scanner you are going for.
Consider the Software Capabilities of the Scanner
There are some scanners that support a lot of software. Some of this software further help the functionality and overall operation of the scanners. They also help the scanners save documents, and can even edit.