Samsung confirmed they had replaced their popular J Series with the A series early this year. This is one of the main reasons various versions and models of the A-Series have flooded the market in recent times. The Galaxy A30, one of the most popular in the A series, is rated among the best in its group and this post tells us why.
In this post, we will consider Galaxy A30’s core specifications, reviews and how much it goes for in the current market in South Africa.
Price of Samsung Galaxy A30 in South Africa
Samsung Galaxy A30 can be purchased for anything between R$3,060 and R$4,140 in the current market. The variation in prices is largely because of the inconsistency in the currency exchange rate. In addition, factors like place and period of purchase also have an effect on the eventual prices the smartphone goes for.
Samsung Galaxy A30 Specs
- Release date: March 2019
- Operating system: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Screen Size: 6.4 inches, 100.5 cm2 (approx. 84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- RAM: 3 GB/ 4 GB
- Internal memory: 64 GB, 4 GB RAM or 32 GB, 3 GB RAM microSD, expandable up to 1 TB (dedicated slot)
- Processor: Octa-core (2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Networks: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Main Camera: Dual 16 MP, f/1.7; 5M secondary
- Front Camera: 16 MP f/2.2, front shooter for selfie
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Other Specifications: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
Samsung Galaxy A30 Review
Let us take a look at the features and specifications of the Samsung Galaxy A30.
Body and Design
Design is the one category Samsung has a matchless success in the mid-range smartphone market. The Samsung Galaxy A30 boasts similar build and design as the cheap Galaxy A20 smartphone. It features a polycarbonate design that comes with a glass-finish.
Just like some other A Series smartphones, the Galaxy A30 is delicate and can get scratched quite easily and hence requires to be sheltered with a phone case and a screen protector all the time. The rear camera module is placed is at the top left side and the fingerprint sensor comfortably rests in the middle.
Samsung Galaxy A30 has a large 6.4 inches of Super AMOLED display, which comes with 180 x 2340 pixels of screen resolution and about 84.9 percent screen-to-body ratio. The smartphone boasts an AMOLED screen, which makes the phone stand out in its category.
Operating System and Processor
Like most other smartphones in the A Series category, Samsung Galaxy A30 features the company’s new One UI software, which is intended to all users operate the smartphone with just one hand regardless of the size. The smartphone also boasts an Exynos 7884 chipset that is boosted by 3 GB or 4 GB of RAM, depending on the model you are going for, and 32 GB or 64 GB of internal memory that can be expanded up to 1 TB with a dedicated microSD card slot.
Samsung Galaxy A30 features a dual camera setup with a 16 MP main sensor and a secondary 5 MP ultra- wide-angle lens. It is user-friendly and the only downside is that the HDR mode can be set in the settings features and not on the main interface.
Also, the camera is not as sharp, especially in low light. There are also different camera modes available including Pro, Photo, Video and Live Focus. They can be selected from the bottom bar while a toggle allows you to switch between the main and ultra wide-angle lens.
Galaxy A30 features a standard 4000 mAh battery. Samsung Galaxy A30 is a lovely smartphone which offers a really long-lasting battery life and decent general performance both in light and heavy usage.
Samsung Galaxy A30: Things You Will Like About The Smartphone
- Sleek Design: Samsung doesn’t disappoint when it comes to smartphone designs and they have done even better with the Galaxy A30. The smartphone dons a sleek design with a lovely body that makes it very comfortable to hold and slot into the pocket.
- Great Screen: This perhaps, is one factor the Galaxy A30 has over some other A-Series smartphone released in the same period. The screen resolution is lovely enough for gaming. Also, the brightness and screen sharpness are factors that rate the smartphone high in the mid-range category.
- Pocket-Friendly: While you wouldn’t rate the smartphone to be excellent in all sense of it, it is a standard phone that serves as cheaper alternatives to bigger phones in the series.
- Battery Capacity and Fast Charging: Galaxy A30 boasts 4000 mAh battery capacity, one of the biggest in its category. Also, its fast charging features rate it among the very best mid-range smartphone in terms of battery capacity today.
Samsung Galaxy A30: Things May Not Like About The Smartphone
- Camera Doesn’t Do well with Low Light: While the camera features are exceptional, especially given the dual 13 MP and 5 MP secondary camera, they do not do so well with low light.
- Low Speaker Output: if you are a lover of good music and enjoys listening to songs on your mobile phone, then you most likely will have issues with the speak of Galaxy A30. First is the positioning of the speaker. Secondly, the output is not great enough, a feature we are disappointed to see in a Samsung smartphone.