The latest technology has rendered orthodox video cassette players archaic, with the DVD player taking the home entertainment world by storm. DVDs generally provide outstanding picture precision, colour and sound reproduction, far beyond the quality of the technology used in videocassette players. The use of DVD’s is not limited only to home entertainment: the portable sets that are now being introduced allow you to carry your favourite music and video DVD’s and play them any time or place.
In this post, we will take a look at the various portable DVD brans available in South Africa today and how much their products go for.
What are the prices of portable DVD players in South Africa?
Portable DVDs are becoming the in-thing in the electronic world today. Apart from the fact that they are very comfortable and can be easily carried from one place to the other, these types of DVD players allow for comfort and dynamism. They are great for traveling, picnics and other outdoor mini-events.
Various brands have come up with different types of portable DVD players. They vary in designs, screen sizes and functionality. In this section, we will take a look at prices of some of the most in-demand portable DVD players in South Africa.
Sony Portable DVDs
- Sony Portable DVD player 7.5 inches – R$720 – R$900
- Sony Portable DVD player 7.8 inches – R$792 – R$1,080
- Sony Portable Rechargeable DVD (3D) 8.8 inches – R$936 – R$1,188
- Sony Portable DVD player 9.8 inches – R$1,080 – R$1,260
- Sony Portable DVD player 10.8 inches – R$1,116 – R$1,296
- Sony Portable DVD player 12.8 inches – R$1,152 – R$1,332
- Sony Portable DVD player 14.8 inches – R$1,188 – R$1,368
- Sony Portable EVD player 23.8 inches – R$1,440 – R$1,620
- Sony Portable DVD player 25.8 inches – R$1,512 – R$1,656
- Sony Portable DVD player 30.8 inches – R$1,692 – R$1,800
LG Portable DVDs
- LG Portable Rechargeable DVD (3D) 12.9 inches – R$1,134 – R$1,332
- LG Portable Rechargeable DVD 13.9 inches – R$1,188 – R$1,440
Allwin Portable DVDs
- Allwin Portable DVD player 7.8 inches HD – R$684 – R$792
- Allwin Portable DVD player 9.8 inches HD – R$864 – R$1,080
Brandlabel portable DVDs
- Brandlabel TE Portable DVD player 7.8 inches HD – R$900 – R$1,260
- Brandlabel TE Portable DVD player 9.8 inches HD – R$1,080 – R$1,440
Although there are a few other brands of Portable DVD Players available, these are some of the few portable DVD players we can guarantee are in South Africa for purchase at the moment. However, other ones can be gotten outside the country and will be about the same price range as those listed above.
The variation in prices listed above is affected by some factors which include place and period the portable DVD player is purchased, currency exchange rate at the time of purchase and other similar factors.
Things to consider when buying a portable DVD player
Getting the best portable DVD player for you is not so easy considering how many different brands and models that in the market right now. If you know the basic features to look out for, you should be able to eliminate a substantial number of these and pick the best for you. Here are some of the important factors to consider when buying a portable DVD player.
- Consider the Screen size and weight – The DVD player size and weight are the probably the first aspect one should consider when you want to select a player. Portable DVD players with larger screen sizes will similarly weigh more. The ideal screen size is generally about 7 inches and a little more which makes it handy and easy to carry. While bigger screens give you better clarity, the sets are generally more expensive and are most times weightier. If you will be moving very often from one place to the other, you can get a portable player with compact screen for easy mobility. However, if you want to enjoy the moment with your family or friends, you should shoot for somewhat bigger screen for better viewing experience.
- Consider the Control mechanism – You need to decide whether you are going for buttons or a touch-sensitive screen. You need to make sure that whichever you go for work properly and will not depreciate over time.
- Consider the Playback Format – Apart from the standard function of playing DVDs, a number of portable players can support CDs of several formats including MP3s, audio CDs and other similar formats. Some DVD players are even capable of handling images in JPEG format that are saved onto a CD. This allows you to save your photo albums on CDs wherever you go and show your friends when you visit them, while on holiday or at a family gathering, without necessarily carrying load bunch of photo albums.
- Consider Video Quality – This is also another core factor to consider. It is essential to know the types of video output the DVD player can support. A component video output separates the diverse video signals, and maintains high colour conformity and image quality, all of which go to offer a picture of high quality output. S-video output is another high quality output alternative that presents an outstanding picture. It is also probable to connect many portable DVD players with RCA phono networks. Make sure to select a portable player with a video output that fits your television. This ensures easy connectivity and smooth video experience.