Phone watches are a trend in recent times. Thanks to the advancement in modern technology, one can now easily control features on their smartphones through smartwatches. From simple functions like setting alarms, managing health records, to more technical functions like adjusting settings on the phone. Some smartwatches have even advanced to playing music, making and receiving phone calls, when connected to other external devices like headphones.
With many brands in the smartwatch industry today, this post takes a look at the prices of some of the common phone watches in the market.
Prices of phone watches in South Africa
Phone watches come in different types with varying specs. Some perform way more functions than others and this, as expected, affects how much they go for. Estimating the prices smartwatches go for in the period can be quite tricky as there have been inconsistencies in prices of gadgets over the past few months. This is as a result of the limitation in the importation of products as a result of the global pandemic.
The list below highlights the prices of smartwatches as gathered in the current market.
- Domino DM09 Plus Watch Phone 128MB+64MB 1.54 Inch IPS Screen Watch – R$972 – R$1,404
- Domino DM99 Smart Watch Phone 1GB+16GB 2.2 Inch – R$1,800 – R$2,160
- Domino A66 0.96 Inch IPS Screen Smart Watch – R$504 – R$720
- Domino DM78 Plus 1.22 Inch IPS Screen Bluetooth Smart Watch – R$540 – R$720
- Amazfit GTR 42mm Smart Watch – R$1,980 – R$2,340
- Amazfit Verge Smart Watch International Version With TPU Band – R$1,728 – R$1,980
- Amazfit XIAOMI AMAZFIT GTS 1.65 Inch AMOLED Display GPS Smart Watch – R$1,908 – R$2,016
- Amazfit GTR Lite 47 mm Smart Watch – R$1,440 – R$1,764
- Amazfit Bip Lite Smart Watch Multiple Sport Modes – R$1,620 – R$1,980
- Apple Watch 44 mm Series 5 – R$7,848 – R$9,180
- Apple Watch 42 mm Series 3 – R$5,040 – R$6,120
- Apple Watch 38 mm Series 3 – R$3,960 – R$5,400
- Apple Smart Watch Series 2: R$3,780 – R$4,680
- Apple Smart Watch Series 1: R$3,600 – R$4,680
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 Smartwatch 44mm – R$3,600 – R$5,760
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Smartwatch 46 mm – R$3,420 – R$4,680
- HONOR Watch Magic Smart Watch 1.2 Inch – R$2,880 – R$3,240
- Honor Huawei Honor Watch Magic 2 – R$3,024 – R$3,240
- G-Tab W700 Smart Watch For Android & IOS – R$432 – R$612
- BOZLUN Fashion BT4.0 Smart Watch For IOS & Android 3ATM – R$1,008 – R$1,260
- Bozlun Smart Watch Heart Rate Monitor Fitness Tracker Monitor – R$720 – R$900
- Huawei Watch GT 2e, 1.39” 46mm Smartwatch R$3,420 – R$4,140
- Huawei WATCH GT HD Screen Heart Rate Monitor – R$3,240 – R$3,420
- Avon Akantha Active Smart Watch – R$576 – R$720
- KingWear KW88 Pro 3G Smartwatch Phone 1.39 Inch – R$1,332 – R$1,620
- Kingwear KW19 Smart Watch HD Screen Remote Camera Wristband – R$270 – R$432
The price as highlighted above can be affected by factors like the currency exchange rate at the period of purchase, the place of purchase, and sometimes, the period of purchase. Smartwatches can e purchased from various gadget stores across the country. For ease, many opt to purchase this online, via the various e-commerce channels available both within and outside the country.
Things to consider before buying a phone watch
- Check for Basic Features – There are some basic features you expect smartwatches to have. Features like notification and alarm are primary and common to all phone watches. While you have this at the back of your mind, you still need to check again to confirm this. Most smartwatches now allow you to get incoming calls and text message alerts. You should check if these functionalities are working effectively. For some, you should also be able to get social media alerts. For those that workout, you should also expect to go for one that notifies you about basic information like your number of steps, heartbeat rate, etc.
- Check Compatibility with your Phone– While the majority of the smartwatches available today will work with all smartphones, it is always advisable to confirm this before buying one. Ensure the gadget connects with your phone. It is worth noting that you will require an Apple smartwatch if you are looking to connect with your iPhone.
- Design– There is this general belief that the functionality of a gadget is much more important than the looks. While this is undoubtedly true, it is also worth saying that designs and styles are also important. You wouldn’t want to be wearing a ridiculously big watch all in the name of functionality. Most people prefer smartwatches that fit their hands well without ambiguity. Most ladies prefer watches that are not too big and complements their generic dress style. With various designs available, you should carefully pick one that fits.
- Consider the Battery Capacity– You should also consider the battery capacity of the smartwatch you are buying. While some smartwatches can last for only a few hours, some others can last more than a day when fully charged. Just consider the duration you would e needing it for and go for one that can last that period after a full charge. For instance, if you are looking to get a smartwatch you’d use all day, then get one whose battery lasts for a day, at least.