When it comes to cooling the temperature in a room, ceiling fan is arguably one of the most economic ways of going about it. Ceiling fans have been widely gained popularity over the past two to three decades. This type of fan started as a cost effective alternative to air conditioning to cool living rooms, offices, bedrooms and other similar environments and has now grown into a must have device in any building. The flexibility and relative dynamism ceiling fans bring have made them indispensable to the current markets.
Although this type of fan has a very strong competition in standing fans, they still have their own heavy market as lots of people prefer the ceiling fan to standing fans. Apart from the stress in mounting and installing these types of fan, ceiling fans are relatively easy to use. Also, unlike standing fans, ceiling fans don’t consume much space. In fact, you rarely notice them because they are hung on the ceiling.
Ceiling fans come in different forms, sizes, designs and brands and are mainly powered by electricity although latest technologies have introduced ceiling fans that can be power by alternative power sources like solar and batteries. The ceiling fan manufacturing industry has grown to provide exactly what customers need in terms of convenience, dynamism and overall efficiency.
South Africans appreciate convenience; this is one reason ceiling fans will not go out of stuck any time soon. In fact, till date, ceiling fans remain among the most sought after fans in the country. Almost every building boast of one in each of the rooms. Although they are rarely installed in standard office these days, they still remain a core part of a house. And the greatest part is that they are among the most affordable fans in the market.
How much do ceiling fan go for in the current market? This post takes a look at this and answers the question.
Prices of Ceiling Fans in South Africa
The market for ceiling fans have always been on the rise over the past decades. This is largely due to the rate at which building are being erected daily in the country. This type of fan, due to convenience and the fact that they don’t consume so much space in homes, remain at the top of the chain in the fan industry.
Ceiling fans come in different sizes, types and designs. They can be purchased directly from the manufacturers or from distributors across the country. For convenience, they can also be gotten in contemporary stores or via e-commerce. Let us take a look at prices of some popular brands in 2018.
QASA Ceiling Fan Prices in South Africa
- 36 inches ceiling fan: R$288 – R$468
- 56 inches ceiling fan: R$360 – R$900
- 60 inches ceiling fan: R$450 – R$1,080
- 62 inches ceiling fan: R$666 – R$1,260
OX Ceiling Fan Prices in South Africa
- 25 inches ceiling fan: R$288 – R$468
- Imperial 56 inches ceiling fan: R$324 – R$468
- 60 inches ceiling fan: R$324 – R$612
- 62 inches ceiling fan: R$414 – R$720
ORL Ceiling Fan Prices in South Africa
- 24 inches ceiling fan: R$324 – R$432
- 56 inches ceiling fan: R$432 – R$540
- 60 inches ceiling fan: R$450 – R$720
- 62 inches ceiling fan: R$522 – R$720
Century Ceiling Fan Prices in South Africa
- 56 inches ceiling fan: R$288 – R$432
- 60 inches ceiling fan: R$468 – R$720
Panasonic Ceiling Fan Prices in South Africa
- 56 inches ceiling fan: R$792 – R$900
- 60 inches ceiling fan: R$900 – R$1,080
Sonic Ceiling Fan Prices in South Africa
- 56 inches ceiling fan: R$252 – R$540
- 60 inches ceiling fan: R$396 – R$720
It should be noted that the variation in prices is as a result of certain factors which include currency exchange rate, place and period of purchase and other similar factors. Numbers of inches are also factors that affect the prices. Generally, the higher the inches, the higher the prices.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Ceiling Fan
Ceiling fans are available in different types and the variety of brands available today only makes it difficult to go to the market and pick a random one. If you are considering getting a ceiling fan soon or anytime in the future, it is essential you consider some important factors. These help you streamline your options and eventually pick the right one for you. Some of these factors are stated below.
- Consider the size of the fan: Ceiling fans are available in different sizes and the first thing to consider when buying a fan is the size. What determines this is the size of the room you are installing the ceiling fan. The bigger the room, the higher the inches you should go for.
- Noise: Noise is one thing you want to avoid when it comes to fan operation. Consider ceiling fans that don’t make so much noise when in use.
Other factors to consider include:
- Consider your budget
- Consider the motor type
- Consider the brand