One tradition that parents learn automatically is the act of rocking. A lot of times, your baby will need to be rocked to sleep, to be calm and to stop crying. Babies naturally respond well to being rocked. They enjoy it, and it makes them feel safe, happy and relaxed. Parents have come to this understanding and whether consciously or unconsciously, they become real time rockers. The question now remains, how long can a parent rock their little ones for?
While it is difficult for parents to rock their babies for a long time carrying him or her, there are dependable baby rockers out there that can do it for you. The introduction of baby rockers has not only helped babies sleep better and enjoy better overall calmness, it has also reduced Parents’ stress of carrying babies and rocking them whenever they cry or need to sleep.
You can imagine the joy on your face when you see your baby bouncing in its own rocker. You will cherish the moment where you see you baby happily bouncing with a beautiful smile on his or her face. That is the joy a baby rocker brings. Baby rockers are versatile and are not very expensive. Little ones feel comfortable in them and generally relaxes them. You will definitely fall in love with this baby product in no time when you get used to its functions and see its advantages. Although this equipment might not be the most demanded or the most popular baby product, it is one of the baby equipment with most advantages and will make life easier for parents. The equipment easily keeps your little one occupied while you do other chores you have been postponing for a while.
Baby equipment market in South Africa has grown to appreciate baby rockers more. The rate of demand for these products has drastically increased over the last decade and you can expect the market to grow bigger. As it stands, baby rocker should be one of the core equipment to be on the top of your list for your little one.
Prices of Baby Rockers in South Africa
Baby Rockers are becoming one of the top in-demand baby products in South Africa today. They are available in baby equipment stores all over the country.
Here, we will take a look at the prices of various baby walkers available in the market today.
- Fisher-Price Baby Swing: N 63,000 – ZAR$5,368
- Graco Baby Swing: ZAR$3,702 – ZAR$6,108
- Fisher-Price Baby Rocker: ZAR$630 – ZAR$1,111
- Universal Baby Rocker with Vibrator: ZAR$741 – ZAR$1,111
- Chico baby Swing: ZAR$3,406 – ZAR$4,072
- Intex Baby Bouncing Castle: ZAR$1,666 – ZAR$2,592
- Mastela Baby Bouncer: ZAR$926 – ZAR$2,592
Things to Consider When Buying a Baby Rocker
The market for baby rockers is growing and you can be sure to see various types. They vary in sizes, shapes, designs, materials they are made of and quality. They have been designed for several specific purposes and it is important to buy a rocker that suits your need. It is not enough to get a random baby rocker because the safety of your child might at one point or the other depend on it.
The various types of baby rockers available today has made it difficult for parents to just pick a rocker and expect it to suit their needs. Baby workers vary in functionality; while some are designed for infants, some are built to suit older babies. Also, some rockers are designed specifically for males, some for females while some others are unisex.
Here are some basic factors to consider when buying a baby rocker for your little one.
- Safety: No matter the baby product you are buying, the first question to ask is, how safe is the product? Baby rockers, just like most other baby equipment, are prone to accidents and should be carefully selected. Baby rockers with pads underneath are always advisable. This prevents the rocker from accidental slip, especially on a tiled floor.
- Seat: After checking the safety of the rocker, the next thing on your mind should be your baby’s comfort. There is no point buying a rocker that your baby wouldn’t be comfortable in. Check how soft and padded the seat of the rocker is and also check how easily washable it is. Go for rockers with extra seat foam with easily washable material.
- Weight: Baby rockers come along with specified weight limits or capacities. You should choose a rocker that has a higher weight limit so your baby can use it for longer. You should also consider how easy the rocker is to move from one place to the other. Rockers with too much weight might not be easy to move from one place to the other.
- Canopy: You may want your baby take you baby in the baby rocker outside the house to get some fresh air. When the weather isn’t too nice, the canopy shields the baby from the sun. Getting a rocker with a canopy is always an advantage.