Palm oil is very famous around the world as a cooking ingredient. In South Africa, it is used to make several local dishes. This oil is also a raw material for the manufacture of several other products such as margarine, cosmetics, soaps, and lubricants.
Palm oil can be processed manually or with the help of machines. If one plans to go into commercial processing of palm oil, it is imperative to invest in the right machines. This means that you need to find out the prices of the machines needed. In this post, we will discuss some of the popular machines on the South African market and their prices.
Prices of Palm Oil Processing Machines in South Africa
Processing palm oil is quite a rigorous process, especially if you engage in it manually. To save time and effort, you need to make use of palm oil processing machines. There are quite a number of machines involved in this process. Some of them include:
- Oil press machines
- Extraction machines
- Crushers or palm kernel crushers
- Nut separating machines
- Filtering machines
These machines help to deal with the different stages of palm oil processing. Before we go further, we should show you the list of the stages. They are:
- Cleaning of the palm kernel
- Crushing of the palm kernel
- Nut separation
- Drying of the palm kernel
- Cooking of the palm kernel
- Oil pressing
Some people handle some of these stages manually if they don’t have access to machines. However, it consumes both time and effort that could be spent on producing a lot more oil. We have surveyed the South African market to come up with the prices of the palm oil processing machines available. In this section, we will show you some of the most popular. Check them out below:
- Energy Saving General Service Palm Oil Processing Machine Coconut Oil Press Machine – R$36,000 – R$50,400
- Nigeria mini palm oil processing machine to make palm oil – R$12,960 – R$30,240
- Multifunctional Palm oil press machine/palm fruit processing machine/palm oil refinery machine – R$39,600 and R$108,000
- Automatic small palm oil processing machinery mini oil mill – R$97,200 – R$126,000
- 1 – 5.0 TPH mini palm oil plant, whole set palm oil processing line, Mini CPO plant – R$180,000 – R$252,000
- 1-20t/h Fresh Oil palm fruit mill plant Palm fruit oil milling presser extractor machine – R$46,800 – R$61,200
- Small stainless steel 6yl-100A palm oil processing plant sunflower oil presser machine – R$36,000 – R$61,200
- Palm Oil Processing Machine Industrial Palm Oil Extractor Processing Machine – R$18,000 – R$43,200
- Oil Palm Machine Extraction High-Quality Stainless Steel Coconut Oil Expeller Mini Oil Press – R$11,405 – R$18,720
- Factory price Oil Press Machine/Palm Kernel Coconut oil Expeller/Cotton Seed Oil Extraction Machine – R$22,216 – R$29,880
- 10 tons palm oil processing machine and palm oil refinery plant – R$32,580 – R$39,600
- High-Efficiency Red Palm Oil Refining machine small scale crude vegetable seeds oil refinery equipment – R$22,216 – R$72,000
- High-efficiency small scale palm oil refining machinery/edible oil refining machine – R$29,592 – R$46,800
- Machine Palm Oil Filter Press Small Small Capacity Food Grade Hydraulic Filter Press – R$14,508 – R$16,200
- Small castor oil processing equipment oil palm cutter baobab copra sesame oil press machine 50kg – R$11,477 – R$14,400
- Palm kernel oil processing machine palm kernel oil production line palm kernel oil extraction machine – R$50,400 – R$72,000
Note that these prices may differ slightly depending on your location and the vendor that you patronize. These prices are for new machines which is why they are on the high side. We don’t advise purchasing second-hand machines. However, if these prices are beyond your budget, you can check for second-hand machines. They are less costly but may come with faults or reduced efficiency.
How to start a palm oil processing business in South Africa
Most likely, if you want to know how much palm oil processing machines cost, it’s because you want to go into the business. If that’s what you want to do, this section was written to provide you with a small guide. Before we go ahead, you should note that palm oil processing is a very profitable and lucrative business.
Here are the steps involved in starting a palm oil processing business in South Africa:
Understand the process
Before you even delve into the processing of palm oil as a business, you must first understand the process. To do this, you might need to go for training with existing palm oil processing business owners. Also, you can check resources on the internet, especially YouTube. However, nothing beats gaining firsthand knowledge at palm oil processing plants. Here is a list of what the process of processing palm oil involves:
- Sourcing the palm kernel
- Offloading from trucks and weighing the palm kernel
- Extraction or pressing.
- Marketing and sales.
Acquiring business site
This is a very important step to consider when starting this business. You must consider two things before choosing your business location. These factors include:
- Proximity to source of raw materials
- Proximity to market
Ensure that there is an accessible route to your production site. Also, you need to make sure that the production site is suitable for the kind of work you want to do. For example, the processing of palm oil requires lots of water. The production site should have access to water that you need daily.
Acquisition of equipment
As we mentioned above, to go into this business commercially, you must make use of certain machines. We have shown you the prices of some of the most popular machines on the South African market above. Check for the ones you need and invest in them.
This is about the most important aspect of starting this business. Without capital, it will only remain an idea that you are knowledgeable about. There are four ways of raising capital and they are:
- Personal savings
- Investors or equity
- Bank loans
- Government funding
A major part of capital we forget to talk about is human capital. Without the right hands, your investment could go down the drain. Ensure that you seek out qualified hands that you can employ at your production site.