*Ovens are graded among the most important appliances in the kitchen today. In fact, a modern day kitchen is incomplete without this appliance. Although it is not necessarily a must-have in the kitchen, at least, one can make basic foods like without it, ovens make general kitchen works easier.
With ovens, you can do more than just cooking. The appliance opens you up to endless baking possibilities and offers you a chance to heat your food with ease. Picture this, you come back home after a long busy day at work and you need to eat. You have frozen ready-made food in the freezer and you need to warm the food and get it ready. While there are, of course, many orthodox ways to go about this, the simplest, surest and arguably fastest way to go about this is the use of oven. Oven isn’t just an appliance; it is a kitchen helpmate.
Ovens are usually confused with microwaves. Although they are both kitchen appliance and work with almost similar mechanics, there are slight differences in their operations. Generally, microwaves are used to heat foods while oven not only does this, it is also used in all manners of baking. Ovens are available in various types and vary in capacities, sizes and overall functionality.
The impact of ovens in modern kitchen in South Africa has been exceptional. Little wonder why they rank among the most sought after kitchen appliances these days. Ovens suit all kinds of kitchen and are suitable for various operations. They can be used to bake, roast and heat foods. They can also be used for many more kitchen operations.
Since the importance of ovens cannot be overemphasized, it is necessary to take a look at how much they go for in the current market. In this post, we will take a look at prices of various brands and types of ovens in South Africa. We will also consider basic factors to put in mind when buying an oven.
Prices of Ovens in South Africa
The market for ovens has expanded over the years. Today, they are seen as one of the very necessary appliances in a modern kitchen. Their usefulness has only enhanced the popularity of the appliance, prompting more brands to pump more similar products into the market. They are arguably one of the most sought after kitchen appliances in the market.
They are available in different sizes, designs, classes and vary in operational mechanism. While some popular appliance brands have ruled this market over the years, some new generation companies are beginning to make wave with unique high-tech designs.
Ovens vary hugely in prices. Given their different capacities, sizes and overall efficiency, this shouldn’t come as a surprise. The larger the capacity, the higher the price. Let us take a look at prices of popular ovens available in South Africa today.
Master Chef Oven Prices in South Africa
- 9 Litres oven: R$432 – R$540
- 11 Litres oven: R$504 – R$594
- 19 Litres oven: R$684 – R$828
- 40 Litres oven: R$1,440 – R$1,620
Century Oven Prices in South Africa
- 11 Litres oven: R$540 – R$900
- 19 Litres oven: R$900 – R$1,008
- 20 Litres oven: R$1,008 – R$1,260
- 23 Litres oven: R$1,152 – R$1,440
- 37 Litres oven: R$1,440 – R$1,800
AKAI Oven Prices in South Africa
- 12 Litres oven: R$396 – R$540
- 20 Litres oven: R$1,080 – R$1,800
- 23 Litres oven: R$1,764 – R$1,908
- 30 Litres oven: R$2,304 – R$2,520
Saisho Oven Prices in South Africa
- 12 Litres oven: R$396 – R$540
- 15 Litres oven: R$504 – R$612
- 20 Litres oven: R$648 – R$828
- 40 Litres oven: R$2,088 – R$2,160
- 50 Litres oven: R$2,160 – R$2,520
QASA Oven Prices in South Africa
- 9 Litres Oven: R$396 – R$540
- 11 Litres Oven: R$468 – R$720
- 18 Litres oven: R$540 – R$900
- 19 Litres oven: R$792 – R$1,080
- 20 Litres oven: R$900 – R$1,260
- 25 Litres oven: R$1,008 – R$1,260
Eurosonic Oven Prices in South Africa
- 12 Litres oven: R$612 – R$720
- 19 Litres oven: R$936 – R$1,080
- 20 Litres oven: R$1,080 – R$1,440
- 32 Litres oven: R$1,044 – R$1,260
- 37 Litres oven: N 32, 000 – R$1,368
- 45 Litres oven: R$1,620 – R$1,800
Polystar Oven Prices in South Africa
- 20 Litres oven: R$1,296 – R$1,440
- 25 Litres oven: R$1,368 – R$1,620
Crownstar Oven Prices in South Africa
- 11 Litres oven: R$504 – R$576
- 19 Litres oven: R$648 – R$828
Scanfrost Oven Prices in South Africa
- 20 Litres Oven: R$1,260 – R$1,620
- 23 Litres Oven: R$1,800 – R$1,980
- 25 Litres oven: R$2,088 – R$2,268
The list above shows prices of popular oven brands in the South Africa. Although this list shows an estimate of prices as gathered in the current market, it is always advisable to go to the market to confirm the prices before you buy one. This is largely because of the inconsistency in prices of products in recent days.
The variation in prices is as a result of various factors including currency exchange rate, place and period of purchase and other related factors. Some brands are relatively expensive while some are not. In cases like this, it is always advisable to go for products of brands that are trusted and have good customer review. If you are buying online, you can check number of sales and comments about the product and brand.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Oven
Ovens have the kitchen appliance market in South Africa. They are available in different types, forms and brands. The various options available today have only made it more difficult for one to pick a particular oven. The most expensive oven might not necessarily be the idea oven for you. Some ovens are designed for some specific purposes.
Before you buy an oven, it is essential you consider some basic factors so as to streamline your options and eventually pick the best for you. Some of these factors include
- Consider the size of the oven. Ovens come in different Litres and capacities, consider what you need the oven for and go for a size that fits the purpose.
- Consider your budget. Ovens are available in various grades, you can get one for as low as R$288 or as high as R$3,600.
- Consider the brand. Some brands are generally more reliable than others. Do your homework about the brands before you buy one.