Oppo has given us several high-quality smartphones over the last few years. This company has just announced the addition of a new device to its product line, the Oppo Reno 5 Z. In this post, we will look at how much this device will cost when it gets into South Africa, its specs, and features.
Price of Oppo Reno 5 Z in South Africa
As of the time of writing this post, the Oppo Reno 5 Z is yet to hit the South African market. Notwithstanding, we took the liberty of checking the figures online to come up with a price estimate for the device. By the time the Oppo Reno 5 Z reaches South Africa, it will cost between R$5,580 and R$6,120.
Oppo Reno 5 Z Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2021, April 04
- Size: 1 x 73.4 x 7.8 mm (6.30 x 2.89 x 0.31 in)
- Number of SIMs: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)), 3G (HSPA 850 / 900 / 2100), 4G (LTE 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 38, 40, 41), 5G (1, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA)
- Operating system: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Display size: 43 inches, 99.8 cm2(~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: Super AMOLED, 430 nits (typ), 800 nits (peak)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 409 ppi density
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6853 Dimensity 800U 5G (7 nm)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC3
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal memory: 128GB
- Memory card: No
- Main camera: 48 MP, f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro) 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Camera features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video specs: [email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie camera: 16 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/3.09″, 1.0µm
- Selfie video specs: [email protected]
- Earphone jack: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: Unspecified
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Bluetooth: 1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 4310 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 30W
- Colors: Fluid Black, Cosmo Blue
Oppo Reno 5 Z Review
The Oppo Reno 5 Z is very similar in appearance to the Oppo F19 Pro. It has several features that make one anticipate its arrival on the South African market. From the AMOLED display to the Dimensity chipset. In this section, we look at its features in detail to show you why investing in this device is worth it.
Display and Design
Investing in the design and display of a smartphone is very important for smartphone manufacturing companies. This is because they know that their customers come in contact with these features first before anything else.
Oppo does a great job with the display and design of the Oppo Reno 5 Z. This device comes in a very attractive design. One look at the design of this smartphone and you’d be enchanted with its combination of glass and plastic materials.
The rear panel of the device is very smooth with no patterns. There are two different colors of this device, cosmo blue, and fluid black. Whichever color you choose will still look amazing.
The rear panel also plays home to the camera rectangular camera module. This module features four cameras and an LED flash. One of the things that we love about the Oppo Reno 5 Z is its size. This device weighs just 173 grams and has a dimension of 160.1 x 73.4 x 7.8 mm. What this means is that you can fit the device into your pocket, bag, or purse seamlessly.
What does Oppo place at the front of this device? The Oppo Reno 5 Z comes with a very attractive and efficient screen. The AMOLED display is 6.43 inches in size and it also features a punch-hole that provides users with a full HD+ experience. Marry this to the resolution of about 1080 x 2400 pixels and you are sure that the user will have an amazing visual experience with this device.
Asides from this, the screen also has a refresh rate of 60Hz, a touch sampling rate of between 135 to 180 Hz, and an aspect ratio of 20:9. What’s more? This device also features a fingerprint scanner that is hidden under the display as well as a screen-to-body ratio of about 90.8%.
We can hardly discuss smartphones these days without mentioning their cameras. The Oppo Reno 5 Z is equipped with 5 different cameras, 1 in front, and 4 behind. Let’s discuss what each of these cameras presents to the user.
The rear camera module of the Oppo Reno 5 Z comes with 4 different cameras. As usual, this means that there is a primary camera that packs 48 megapixels. Also, there is an ultra-wide camera that packs 8 megapixels, a 2-megapixel depth camera, and a 2-megapixel macro camera. The rear camera also features HDR, panorama, and an LED flash. All of these ensure that you shoot very clear pictures even in dark situations.
The front camera features 16 megapixels. This is just perfect for shooting selfies and making videos of oneself. While the rear camera is capable of shooting 4K videos, the front camera can shoot 1080p videos both at 30fps.
Software and Hardware
One of the first things about the hardware of this device that we like is the Dimensuty 800U chipset. Oppo adds this to an octa-core processor to make this device very fast and avoid hanging. The device also features a Mali-G57 MC3 GPU that controls its graphics and gaming functions.
This device comes with a RAM of 8GB and an internal memory of 128GB. Where we have a problem is that it doesn’t allow the use of a memory card. The device runs on Android 11 OS and the ColorOS 11.1 platform.
The Oppo Reno 5 Z features a 4310mAh non-removable battery. This battery is equipped with 30-watt flash-charge technology.