Oppo has built a reputation for itself as one of the best smartphone manufacturing companies in the world. This company has presented the market with several high-quality smartphones that are very affordable as well. It recently announced another addition to its product line, the Oppo A95 5G. We will be looking at the price, specs, and key features of this smartphone in this post.
Price of Oppo A95 5G in South Africa
The Oppo A95 5G is yet to reach the retail stores in South Africa at the time of crafting this article. Notwithstanding, we took our time to comb the figures online to come up with a price estimate for the device. From our research, we can tell you that the Oppo A95 5G should cost between R$4,583 and R$4,914 when it finally gets to South Africa.
Oppo A95 5G Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2021, April 27
- Size: 1 x 73.4 x 7.8 mm (6.30 x 2.89 x 0.31 in)
- Number of SIMs: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2, CDMA 800), 3G (HSPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 CDMA2000 1x), 4G (LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41), 5G (1, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA)
- Operating system: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Display size: 43 inches, 99.8 cm2(~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: AMOLED, 430 nits (typ), 800 nits (peak)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 409 ppi density
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6853 Dimensity 800U 5G (7 nm)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC3
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal memory: 128GB and 256GB
- Memory card: microSDXC
- Main camera: 48 MP, f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Camera features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video specs: [email protected], [email protected]/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie camera: 16 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/3.09″, 1.0µm
- Selfie video specs: [email protected]
- Earphone jack: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: No
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Bluetooth: 1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 4310 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 30W, 100% in 48 min (advertised)
- Colors: Fluid Black, Cosmo Blue, Silver
Oppo A95 5G Review
The Oppo A95 5G falls into the mid-range category. Despite this fact, it is an upgrade on the A94 5G as it presents more internal storage and better performance. Asides from this, all the other features are pretty much the same except for the cameras at the back. Let’s discuss these features in more detail.
Display and Design
The first parts of a smartphone that you come across are the display and design. As such, smartphone manufacturers ensure that they invest in these features a lot. What does Oppo put in the design and display of this device?
If you are familiar with the A94 5G, then you will agree that the Oppo A95 5G is very similar in design. They are so similar, you could mistake them for twins especially because they have matching color options. This is why most people that purchase this device don’t make this decision based on its aesthetics.
The rear panel of the Oppo A95 5G features a gradient scheme like the predecessor of this device. It also features a square-shaped camera module that sits at the top-left of the rear cover. Unlike the predecessor of this device, the camera module only features 3 cameras and an LED flash. Oppo also inscribes “5G” conspicuously on the camera module.
There is almost no significant difference in the display setup of this device and that of its predecessor. Both devices feature an AMOLED display that is 6.43 inches long. They both have a punch-hole camera that is located at the top-left corner of the screen. The display has an aspect ratio of 20:9, density of 409 PPI, and refresh rate of 60Hz. Finally, this device’s display has a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels.
The importance of cameras in a smartphone cannot be overemphasized. This feature has become very important these days because they help to freeze memories in time. So what kind of cameras does Oppo equip the Oppo A95 5G with?
The rear camera module of this device features 3 cameras and an LED flash. This seems to be a downgrade on the four cameras that grace the rear camera setup on the A94. Notwithstanding, the primary camera of this device packs 48 megapixels. This is exactly what you have in the predecessor, the A94.
The Oppo A95 5G doesn’t come with an ultra-wide camera. Instead, it features a depth camera and a macro camera. Both cameras pack 2 megapixels each just like the ones in this phone’s predecessor. The primary camera of this device can shoot both 4K and 1080p videos at 30fps.
How does the front camera of the Oppo A95 5G fare? The camera in front of this device is pretty much the same as what you have in the A94. Both devices feature a 16-megapixel front camera. This camera can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps. In the end, even though the rear camera module of this device misses one camera, it still delivers quality videos and photos.
Software and Hardware
Without the software and hardware, the other features on this device will not work at all. Oppo equips the Oppo A95 5G with a MediaTek Helio 800U 5G chipset. It accompanies this with an octa-core CPU to ensure that the device performs optimally.
Oppo also adds a Mali-G57 MC3 GPU to govern the graphic and gaming functions of the device. There are two internal storage variants of this device, the 128GB and 256GB variants. Both variants feature 8GB RAM. Finally, this device runs on the Android 11 operating system.
The Oppo A95 5G comes with a 4310mAh battery, similar to what we have in the A94. However, this battery is equipped with a 30-watt fast charging capacity.