When Oppo hit the markets a few years ago, the company several people. Despite being a newbie, this company manufactured smartphones that could compete with any of the best around. Recently, it announced the arrival of a new product, the Oppo A74. In this post, we will take a look at the price of the device, its specs, and its key features.
Price of Oppo A74 in South Africa
The Oppo A74 is yet to hit the smartphone retail stores in South Africa. Notwithstanding, we took some time to study the figures online to come up with a price estimate for you. By the time the Oppo A74 gets into the South African market, it should cost between R$3,960 and R$4,392.
Oppo A74 Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2021, April 05
- Size: 3 x 73.8 x 8 mm (6.31 x 2.91 x 0.31 in)
- Number of SIMs: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2), 3G (WCDMA HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100, CDMA EVDO), 4G (LTE 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41), 5G (No)
- Operating system: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Display size: 43 inches, 99.8 cm2(~84.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: AMOLED, 430 nits (typ), 800 nits (peak)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 409 PPI density
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6115 Snapdragon 662 (11 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 4GB and 6GB
- Internal memory: 128GB
- Memory card: microSDXC
- Main camera: 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro) 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Camera features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video specs: [email protected]
- Selfie camera: 16 MP, f/2.4, 27mm (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.0µm
- Selfie video specs: [email protected]
- Earphone jack: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: FM Radio
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Bluetooth: 0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 54% in 30 min (advertised) SuperVOOC 2.0
- Colors: Prism Black, Midnight Blue
Oppo A74 Review
Oppo is one of the fastest-growing smartphone brands, especially on the African continent. This company boasts of manufacturing top-notch smartphones. In this section, we will take a look at the features of the Oppo A74. Let’s get started.
Display and Design
The first parts of a smartphone that users come across are the display and design. If they are poor, there is every possibility that people will not be interested in checking the device further. This is why smartphone manufacturing companies invest in attractive and quality designs and displays.
Oppo is not left out as it creates a very attractive design for the Oppo A74. This device is quite similar in design to the Oppo F19 even though there are few differences. First, the Oppo A74 features curved arcs on the rear cover to give the device a premium look. Oppo makes use of two different color variants for this device. They are the Midnight blue and Prism black, just like what you have in its predecessor.
One of the things that we like so much about this device is its portability. The Oppo A74 weighs just 174 grams which is quite light considering its size. Its dimensions in millimeters are 160.3 x 73.8 x 8 millimeters. Looking at the dimensions of this device, it is a little smaller than the F19 and it weighs 1 gram less as well.
The rear cover features a rectangular camera module similar to the one in its predecessor. This camera module also features an LED flash and 3 different cameras. Now, let’s discuss what Oppo places in the front of this device.
The Oppo A74 features a 6.43-inch display. To ensure that its customers enjoy an amazing visual experience, Oppo chooses the AMOLED display. This display is regarded as one of the most expensive and efficient displays in the world currently.
The display promises a full HD experience as it is packed with an aspect ratio of 20:9 and a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. In addition, it also features a refresh rate of 60Hz and a touch sampling rate peaking at 180Hz. Just like the Oppo F19, this device also features an on-screen fingerprint feature.
These days, no one wants to purchase a smartphone that isn’t equipped with top-quality cameras. Oppo understands this and equips the Oppo A74 with several cameras to ensure great photos and videos.
The rear camera module features a triple-camera system. There is the primary camera that comes with 48 megapixels as you have in the predecessor of this device. Also, the depth and macro cameras feature 2 megapixels each, the same as in the F19. Accompanying the rear cameras is an LED flash to ensure sharp pictures in dark environments. The camera module is also equipped with AI scene enhancement 2.0, panorama, and HDR to shoot very clear images.
What about the front camera? Oppo equips the Oppo A74 with a 16-megapixel front camera. This is just great for a device of this class. It assures you of very clear videos and selfies. Both cameras can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
Software and Hardware
It is impossible to enjoy all the other features of the Oppo A74 if the software and hardware are not efficient. This is why Oppo equips this device with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 chipset, the same with the F19. The company matches this with an octa-core processor that clocks at 4 x 2.0 GHz. It also adds the Adreno 610 GPU to control the graphic and gaming functions of the device.
Considering all of these components, Oppo didn’t exactly upgrade on what is in the F19. It simply replicated the predecessor’s software and hardware in the Oppo A74. Where there is a difference is in the RAM. This device features 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. You can expand the storage by inserting a microSD card.
The Oppo A74 comes with a 5000mAh battery and 33-watt fast-charge feature. This is exactly what the F19 presents.