Oppo is fast becoming one of the giants of the smartphone industry in the South African and African markets. This company has provided us with several amazing devices in its A-series product line. Recently, Oppo announced that it was adding a new product to this product line, the Oppo A54 5G. In this post, we will discuss its price, specs, and key features.
Price of Oppo A54 5G in South Africa
The Oppo A54 5G is yet to hit the South African markets at the time of writing this post. However, we have checked online to come up with an estimate of what it will cost when it finally lands in South Africa. According to our estimates, the Oppo A54 5G should be between on the South African market.
Oppo A54 5G Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2021, April 14
- Size: 9 x 74.7 x 8.4 mm (6.41 x 2.94 x 0.33 in)
- Number of SIMs: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2, CDMA 1X), 3G (HSPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100), 4G (LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66), 5G (1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA)
- Operating system: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Display size: 5 inches, 102.0 cm2(~83.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: LTPS IPS LCD, 90Hz, 480 nits (typ)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 405 PPI density
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 460)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM4350 Snapdragon 480 5G (8 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal memory: 64GB
- Memory card: microSDXC
- Main camera: 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF 8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro) 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Camera features: LED flash, panorama
- Video specs: [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie camera: 16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide)
- Selfie video specs: [email protected]
- Earphone jack: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: No
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, QZSS
- Bluetooth: 1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Charging 10W
- Colors: Fluid Black, Fantastic Purple, Space Silver
Oppo A54 5G Review
One would have expected that the Oppo A54 5G would be the successor to the Oppo A53. However, the company announced that it was an upgrade on the Oppo A31. Whatever the case is, we will look at the different features of this device to find out the different upgrades.
Display and Design
Smartphone companies take the displays and designs of their devices very seriously. This is because users see these parts first before they check out the other features of the device. Oppo understands this concept and has made efforts to tweak the design of the Oppo A54 5G a little.
One look at the A54 5G and it instantly reminds you of the A31 and A53. While it shares a striking resemblance with both its predecessors, it has a more attractive body design. Obviously, Oppo wanted to achieve a more appealing smartphone with the A54 5G.
This device comes with an attractive rear cover that is made from premium materials. Mix this with the carefully crafted 3D body and 0.2 millimetre-mid-frame and you have a sleek smartphone. The rear cover comes in three different colors, space silver, fantastic purple, and fluid black. All of these colors are luxurious and look great making difficult for the user to choose.
Oppo places a 6.5-inch display in front of this device that is based on an IPS LCD. It also features a punch-hole camera that is located at the top-left of the screen. This camera also doubles as a face ID scanner to add to the security of the device. Another security feature that Oppo adds to this device is the fingerprint scanner. As it is in most of the recent Oppo devices, the fingerprint scanner is located on the side of the device.
The screen features a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It also has a refresh rate of 90Hz. Overall, this device is a very attractive piece for one in its category.
Most reviewers of the Oppo A54 5G regard its cameras as one of its chief selling points. Smartphone cameras are growing in importance these days because of how much they contribute to storing up memories.
Oppo equips this device with both rear and front cameras. In front, the Oppo A54 5G features a 16-megapixel camera. This is a major upgrade as the front camera in its predecessor, the A31, is only 8 megapixels. To add to the package, Oppo equips this camera with the AI Beauty 2.0 feature. With this feature, you are assured of more attractive selfie videos and photos.
Let’s check out what the manufacturer of this device places behind. The rear cameras are housed in a rectangular camera module that also plays home to the LED flash. There are four cameras in this module with the primary camera packing 48 megapixels. The ultra-wide camera packs 8 megapixels while the depth and macro cameras both pack 2 megapixels each. Both the front and rear cameras of this device are equipped to shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
Software and Hardware
The software and hardware of a smartphone are its core components without which nothing else functions. Oppo equips the Oppo A54 5G with a MediaTek Helio chipset and an octa-core processor. Together, these components ensure that this device works optimally without hanging.
The Oppo A54 5G is also equipped with an Adreno 619 GPU that controls its graphics and gaming functions. It also packs a 5000mAh non-removable Li-Po battery that is equipped with the 10-watt fast-charge feature.
This device comes in only one internal storage and RAM variant, 64GB/4GB. To expand on the internal memory, you have to make use of a microSD card. Finally, the device runs on the Android 11 operating system.