Oppo has an array of amazing smartphones in its product line. This company has built a reputation for producing high-quality devices at affordable prices. It recently announced the introduction of a new product, the Oppo A35 to the market. Allow us to show you the price, specs, and features of this new device.
Price of Oppo A35 in South Africa
The Oppo A35 is yet to hit the South African markets at the time of crafting this article. Nonetheless, we have taken the liberty of checking figures online to come up with an estimate for you. As such, we estimate that the Oppo A35 will cost between R$2,052 and R$2,340 when it gets into South Africa.
Oppo A35 Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2021, April 14
- Size: 164 x 75.4 x 7.9 mm (6.46 x 2.97 x 0.31 in)
- Number of SIMs: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2, CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA), 3G (HSPA 850 / 900 / 2100, CDMA2000 1x), 4G (LTE 1, 3, 5, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41), 5G (No)
- Operating system: Android 10, ColorOS 7.2
- Display size: 52 inches, 102.6 cm2(~83.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: IPS LCD, 480 nits (typ)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 269 PPI density
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.35 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal memory: 64GB and 128GB
- Memory card: microSDXC
- Main camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12µm, PDAF 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro) 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Camera features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video specs: [email protected]
- Selfie camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Selfie video specs: [email protected]
- Earphone jack: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- USB: MicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: FM radio
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Bluetooth: 0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 4230 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Charging 10W
- Colors: Black, White, Blue
Oppo A35 Review
Oppo is known for manufacturing top-quality devices like the Oppo A35. This device falls into the category of “mid-range smartphones.” It is also regarded as an upgrade of the A15S released in 2020. In this section, we will discuss a few of the key features of the Oppo A35 to see whether it is truly an upgrade.
Display and Design
The display and design of a smartphone phone are the first features that anyone sees when they come across the device. Because of this, smartphone manufacturers invest in creating attractive designs for their devices.
Oppo is not left out as it does justice to the display and design of the Oppo A35. One wouldn’t even know that this device was in the mid-range category at the first glance. This is because the device features a very attractive body design. It has a body that is designed with premium quality plastic behind and glass in front.
The rear panel features a plain design and it comes in three colors, blue, white, and black. This device is quite light and it is of average size. It has a weight of 177 grams and a dimension of 164 x 75.4 x 7.9 in millimeters. The rear panel also features a square camera module that houses 3 cameras and an LED flash.
In front of this device is a very attractive display that is quite efficient for a device in this category. It features an IPS LCD that is 6.52 inches as well as a waterdrop notch. With both, you are assured of a top-quality viewing experience. To add to this, the screen features a refresh rate of 60Hz along with an HD+ having a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. This device also features an aspect ratio of 20:9 and a contrast ratio of 1500:1. Finally, it has a PPI density of 269 pixels and a peak brightness of 480 nits.
The cameras of a smartphone are among its most cherished features for most smartphone users. This is why many people will always check the camera quality of a device before making a purchase. After checking the cameras of the Oppo A35, we can say that Oppo didn’t do so much justice to this device in this area.
The rear camera module features 3 cameras and the setup is accompanied by an LED flash. One would have thought that with the triple camera setup, the cameras will be of very high quality. However, the primary camera on this device features only 13 megapixels. This is far smaller than what you get in smartphones in the same category. In fact, the front cameras of some devices feature cameras with more megapixels.
Oppo supports this camera with two other cameras, the macro camera, and the depth camera. Both supporting cameras feature 2 megapixels each which are what you have in most smartphones. Also, this camera setup features HDR, panorama, and an LED flash. All these features ensure that despite the quality of the camera, you have very clear pictures and videos.
The camera setup in front features 8 megapixels. This is exactly what you have in smartphones of the same class. It is just perfect for shooting high-quality selfie videos and photos.
Software and Hardware
One of the first things that we notice with the Oppo A35 is the Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 chipset. This chipset is based on the 12nm process node and is married to an octa-core processor. The processor clocks at a 4 x 2.35 GHz speed to ensure that the device doesn’t hang when using multiple apps simultaneously.
This device also features a PowerVR GE8320 GPU that controls the gaming and graphics functions. It runs on the Android 10 operating system based on the ColorOS 7.2 platform. the Oppo A35 also features a RAM of 4GB and 128GB internal memory.
The Oppo A35 device is equipped with a 4230mAh battery. This battery supports 10-watt charging with the use of a USB cable.