Nokia has manufactured phones for the African continent for at least two decades now. Within this period, this company has built a huge reputation as one of the smartphone giants in the world. Nokia announced recently that it was adding a new product to its smartphone collection. This product is the Nokia X20, an upgrade on the X10. In this post, we look at the price of this device, its specs, and its features.
Price of Nokia X20 in South Africa
As of the time of preparing this article, the Nokia X20 is yet to touchdown in the South African market. Despite this fact, we have gone ahead to check figures online to come with a price estimate for the device. By our estimate, the Nokia X20 should be between R$5,683 and R$5,957 when it reaches South Africa.
Nokia X20 Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2021, April 08
- Size: 9 x 79.7 x 9.1 mm (6.65 x 3.14 x 0.36 in)
- Number of SIMs: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)), 3G (HSPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100), 4G (LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 20, 28, 66, 38, 39, 40, 41), 5G (1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 28, 38, 41, 66, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6)
- Operating system: Android 11
- Display size: 67 inches, 107.4 cm2(~79.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: IPS LCD, 450 nits (typ)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 395 PPI density
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 460)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM4350 Snapdragon 480 5G (8 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- RAM: 6GB and 8GB
- Internal memory: 128GB
- Memory card: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main camera: 64 MP, (wide), PDAF 5 MP, (ultrawide) 2 MP, (macro) 2 MP, (depth)
- Camera features: Zeiss optics, LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video specs: [email protected] (unconfirmed), [email protected]
- Selfie camera: 32 MP, (wide)
- Selfie video specs: [email protected]
- Earphone jack: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: FM Radio
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- Bluetooth: 0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 4470 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
- Colors: Midnight Sun, Nordic Blue
Nokia X20 Review
According to Nokia, the Nokia X20 is an upgrade on what it gives us in the X10. Do we take their word for it? In this section, we will look at some of the important features of this device to find out. Let’s get started.
Display and Design
These are two very important aspects of manufacturing a smartphone that most companies don’t take for granted. Getting the design and display wrong is tantamount to product failure because they are the first part of the device to be seen. So what does Nokia put into the display and design of the Nokia X20?
The first thing to note is that the X20 is very similar to the X10 in design. There is almost no significant difference except in the colors that grace the back cover. The rear cover of this device comes in two different colors, Nordic Blue and Midnight Sun. Both colors have a lighter shade as you go towards the edges, just like it is in the X10.
Other than this, the device is pretty decent and features a rear cover made from polycarbonate material. The camera module present on the back cover is circular and just beside it is the LED flash. Beneath the camera module, around the middle of the rear cover lies the popular Nokia logo. This device weighs 220 grams and its dimensions in millimeters are 168.9 x 79.7 x 9.1. What this implies is that the device is pretty portable and will enter your purse or pocket seamlessly.
In front, Nokia equips this device with an IPS LCD that has a length of 6.67 inches. This display also features an aspect ratio of 20:9, a peak brightness of 450 nits, and a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels. To ensure that the screen is protected, Nokia adds a protection of very strong glass.
Cameras, for most people, could be major deciding factors when choosing to purchase a smartphone. This is why Nokia makes a major upgrade on the cameras of the Nokia X20. Both the rear and front cameras on this device are upgrades on what is obtainable in the X10.
Nokia equips the X20 with a primary camera that packs 64 megapixels. This camera is accompanied by a 5-megapixel ultra-wide camera and depth and macro cameras of 2 megapixels each. The manufacturer also equips the rear camera with some amazing features (AI and ZEISS Optics). Both features ensure that you enjoy shooting high-quality cinematic photos and videos.
The rear cameras are capable of shooting 4K and 1080p videos at 30fps. With this, you are assured of very clear videos regardless of the light condition of the environment.
Where there is a major upgrade is in the front camera. The predecessors of this device all featured 8-megapixel selfie cameras. As for the Nokia X20, it features a 32-megapixel selfie camera. This camera also possesses the ability to shoot 1080p videos.
Software and Hardware
Nokia equips the X20 with a Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset. This is what you have in the X10 and there isn’t any real reason to upgrade on this component. Nokia adds a processor that clocks at a speed of 2 x 2.0 GHz. It also equips the device with the Adreno 619 GPU to oversee the graphic and gaming processes of this device.
This device comes with two RAM variants, 6GB and 8GB. However, it only has one internal storage memory variant, 128GB. If you would like to add to the memory space of this device, there is a provision for a microSD card. The Nokia X20 runs on the Android 11 operating system.
This device features the same 4,470mAh battery in the X10. Nokia equips this with the same 18-watt fast-charge feature as well.