The Hyundai Creta, a midsize SUV that has captured the hearts of car enthusiasts worldwide, is making waves in the South African market. This article will delve into the core features of the vehicle, its prices in South Africa, and the factors that influence these prices.
The Hyundai Creta: An Overview
The Hyundai Creta is a vehicle that you cannot help but fall in love with at first sight. It entered the South African automobile market with high expectations and has lived up to them since its launch. The compact SUV is readily available for purchase across South Africa, either directly from the manufacturer or from various distributors worldwide.
Prices of Brand New Hyundai Creta in South Africa
As of now, the price of a brand new Hyundai Creta in South Africa varies between R$320,400 and R$504,000, depending on the model. Factors such as the currency exchange rate, custom clearance tariffs, and the period of purchase also affect the final price of a brand new Hyundai Creta.
Hyundai Creta 1.6 Executive Limited Edition Auto
The Hyundai Creta 1.6 Executive Limited Edition Auto is priced at R$408,500.00. It has an efficiency of 8.4 l/100km and runs on petrol. The vehicle can go from 0 to 100 Kph in 12.1 seconds and features an automatic transmission.
Hyundai Creta 1.5 Premium Manual
The Hyundai Creta 1.5 Premium Manual is available for R$448,900.00. It has an efficiency of 6.5 l/100km and also runs on petrol. The vehicle can go from 0 to 100 Kph in 12.0 seconds and features a manual transmission.
Hyundai Creta 1.5 Premium Auto
The Hyundai Creta 1.5 Premium Auto is priced at R$468,900.00. It has an efficiency of 6.3 l/100km and runs on petrol. The vehicle can go from 0 to 100 Kph in 11.8 seconds and features an automatic transmission.
Hyundai Creta 1.5 Executive
The Hyundai Creta 1.5 Executive is available for R$509,900.00. It has an efficiency of 6.3 l/100km and runs on petrol. The vehicle can go from 0 to 100 Kph in 11.8 seconds and features an automatic transmission.
Prices of Used Hyundai Creta in South Africa
The prices of used Hyundai Creta in South Africa vary depending on the model of the vehicle, its condition, the currency exchange rate at the time of purchase, custom clearance tariffs, and other related factors. Here are the latest prices of various models of both foreign (Tokunbo) and locally used Hyundai Creta in South Africa as of 2019:
Foreign Used (Tokunbo) Hyundai Creta in South Africa
- 2014 – 2015: R$162,000 – R$234,000
- 2016 – 2018: R$234,000 – R$270,000
Locally Used Hyundai Creta in South Africa
- 2014 – 2015: R$126,000 – R$216,000
- 2016 – 2018: R$108,000 – R$252,000
Used Hyundai Creta vehicles, like many other Hyundai vehicles, are readily available in the automobile market across the country. Although these compact SUVs are generally not as strong as vehicles of some other popular automobile brands like Toyota and Honda, they have a fair second-hand value.
Hyundai Creta: The Pros and Cons
The Hyundai Creta has several attractive features that make it a great option for those looking for a midsize SUV. However, it also has a few drawbacks that potential buyers should be aware of.
- Pocket Friendly: The Hyundai Creta is one of the most affordable midsize SUVs with amazing features. It is also among the cheapest to maintain.
- Fuel Economy: The vehicle boasts great fuel economy, making it a sought-after choice in its category.
- Efficient Engine: The Hyundai Creta is equipped with a 1.6 and 1.4 litre (Diesel/Petrol) & 1.6litre Petrol engine option, offering a smooth and quiet ride.
- Delightful Design: The Hyundai Creta features a unique and smart design, with a bold and commanding three Slat Chrome Grille and a stunning Driver Door Sensor.
- Missing Core Features: The Hyundai Creta lacks some core features that people would have expected, such as the All-Wheel Drive, third row seat, Cooled Glove Box, Automatic Folding Outside Rear-View Mirrors, and Height Adjustable seat belts.
- Not So Impressive Safety Features: The Hyundai Creta does not boast as many safety features as one would expect in a compact SUV. Features like cruise control, speed sensing door lock, and rear seat child lock are absent.
Despite a few missing features and less impressive safety features, the Hyundai Creta continues to be a popular choice in the market for a compact family SUV. It is spacious, comfortable, efficient, and smooth to handle and control. The design, efficiency, and overall performance of the Hyundai Creta are well-appreciated by the market.