It is no secret that South Africans love an affluent lifestyle, especially with their cars. When you stand by the roadside, you get to see several kinds of vehicles such as Mercedes Benz, Toyota, Honda, etc. One car that has come into South Africa that so many people are still sceptical about is Tesla.
Tesla vehicles are the next big thing is they have taken the world by storm over the last decade. Many South Africans don’t think that it is possible to use a Tesla vehicle in South Africa for several reasons. Notwithstanding, there are Tesla vehicles in South Africa today and they are worth every penny spent. How much does it cost to own a Tesla vehicle in South Africa today? Continue reading to find out.
How Much is a Tesla Vehicle in South Africa?
Tesla vehicles are produced by Tesla Inc., a company that was established by Elon Musk in 2003. All the vehicles from this company run on electrical energy. So how much does it cost to own a Tesla vehicle in South Africa? There are several models of Tesla vehicles available in South Africa today. We have made a list of these vehicles and their prices below:
- Tesla Cybertruck Dual Motor AWD 2022: R$741,600 – R$900,000
- Tesla Cybertruck Single Motor RWD 2021: R$594,000 – R$705,600
- Tesla Cybertruck Single Motor RWD 2022: R$590,400 – R$730,800
- Tesla Cybertruck Tri Motor AWD 2022: N28.8 – R$1,148,400
- Tesla Model 3 Long Range 2020: R$658,800 – R$777,600
- Tesla Model 3 Long Range 2021: R$698,400 – R$842,400
- Tesla Model 3 Long Range 2022: R$712,800 – R$810,000
- Tesla Model 3 Performance 2020: R$784,800 – R$835,200
- Tesla Model 3 Performance 2021: R$817,200 – R$925,200
- Tesla Model 3 Performance 2022: R$846,000 – R$936,000
- Tesla Model 3 Standard Pluss 2022: R$651,600 – R$720,000
- Tesla Model 3 Standard Range 2022: R$622,800 – R$795,600
- Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus 2020: R$540,000 – R$622,800
- Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus 2021: R$561,600 – R$655,200
- Tesla Model S Long Range 2020: R$1,188,000 – R$1,382,400
- Tesla Model S Long Range 2022: R$1,364,400 – R$1,483,200
- Tesla Model S Long Range Plus 2021: R$1,029,600 – R$1,152,000
- Tesla Model S Performance 2020: R$1,483,200 – R$1,612,800
- Tesla Model S Performance 2021: R$1,364,400 – R$1,458,000
- Tesla Model S Plaid 2021: R$1,782,000 – R$1,944,000
- Tesla Model S Plaid 2022: R$1,962,000 – R$2,160,000
- Tesla Model S Plaid Plus 2021: R$2,116,800 – R$2,232,000
- Tesla Model X Long Range 2020: R$1,263,600 – R$1,440,000
- Tesla Model X Long Range 2021: R$1,483,200 – R$1,602,000
- Tesla Model X Long Range 2022: R$1,483,200 – R$1,620,000
- Tesla Model X Long Range Plus 2021: R$1,188,000 – R$1,296,000
- Tesla Model X Performance 2020: R$1,558,800 – R$1,692,000
- Tesla Model X Performance 2021: R$1,483,200 – R$1,656,000
- Tesla Model X Plaid 2021: R$1,782,000 – R$1,872,000
- Tesla Model X Plaid 2022: R$1,800,000 – R$1,918,800
- Tesla Model Y Long Range 2021: R$741,600 – R$817,200
- Tesla Model Y Long Range 2022: R$817,200 – R$936,000
- Tesla Model Y Long Range AWD 2021: R$741,600 – R$910,800
- Tesla Model Y Performance 2021: R$889,200 – R$1,008,000
- Tesla Model Y Performance 2022: R$936,000 – R$1,080,000
- Tesla Model Y Standard Range 2021: R$622,800 – R$792,000
- Tesla Model Y Standard Range 2022: R$622,800 – R$770,400
- Tesla Roadster 2022: R$2,973,600 – R$3,240,000
Note that the prices of these cars are quite volatile because of several factors such as government policies, location, and vendor. We will update this post once we notice a change in prices. With this out of the way, let’s learn more about Tesla vehicles.
A group of engineers established Tesla in 2003 and they aimed to prove that people could drive electric vehicles without breaking the bank. According to them, the cars will be quicker, better, and more interesting to drive than their gasoline counterparts.
Tesla now builds all-electric vehicles with an intent to be infinitely scalable in terms of generating clean energy. The company believes that the world needs to move from cars that run on fossil fuels to cars that produce zero emissions. Tesla produces its vehicles at the company factory in Fremont in California as well as in Gigafactory Shanghai. The company also creates several energy solutions such as Powerpack, Solar Roof, and Powerwall to help its customers manage the generation, storage, and consumption of renewable energy.
Special Features of Tesla Vehicles
Model 3 Clean Dashboard
Tesla makes use of a crisp edge-to-edge design that is built around a screen. This design has just about everything that a regular car has on its dashboard. The interior of the Tesla Model 3 is functional, superbly sleek, and minimalistic. This dashboard offers the user a clear view of the road to ensure that it maintains dynamism.
One look at the Tesla battery design and you can tell that it isn’t a simple one. The car is manufactured on a difficult assembly line made up of multiple batteries and wires. Tesla makes use of a clean combination that aids performance and an impressive range. According to Business Insider, Tesla makes its battery packs together with Panasonic.
The interiors of all Tesla vehicles are futuristic while the exterior designs are aeronautic and dynamic, perfect for the future. Franz von Holzhausen, the head designer at Tesla, and Elon Musk have emphasized that it doesn’t cost extra to produce more beautiful Tesla cars.
When you own a Tesla, it is very similar to owning a smartphone. We all know that you can easily upgrade your smartphone overnight and enjoy the new features in the morning. This is exactly how a Tesla works. There are frequent software updates that provide access to the most recent features of your vehicle. Also, you can access your Tesla vehicle’s basic features via the app.
Now, you know that you can purchase a Tesla vehicle in South Africa. We have shown you a list of Tesla vehicles available and their prices in this post. In the concluding section, we showed you some of the special features of Tesla vehicles.