HDMI cables have grown increasingly popular in the electronic world today. While some not only affect the viewing quality when connected to the computer or television, they also have one or two things to do with the overall output; hence, the undiminishing importance of the cable.
With different types and brand available today, it is essential to consider prices of some of the popular HDMI cables in the market and core factors to consider before purchasing one.
HDMI cable price in South Africa
Here, we will take a look at the prices of popular HDMI brands available in South Africa today and how much their products go for. Below are some popular HDMI brands and how much they currently go for in the market.
- Ugreen HDMI Cable – R$144 – R$360 (regardless of length of the HDMI cable)
- Vention Super Speed 4K 3D 60FPS HDMI cable – R$432 – R$1,188 (regardless of length of the HDMI cable)
- Allwin Super Speed 4K 3D HDMI cable – R$216 – R$468
- AllWin V-2 Ultra HD HDMI cable _ R$72 – R$126
- AllWin V-1.4 Ultra HD HDMI cable _ R$44 – R$90
- Brand label 1.8 HDMI Cable – R$72 – R$216
- Brand label Elf Super Speed 4K 3D HDMI cable – R$180 – R$540
- LMW HDMI Cable – R$72 – R$540 (regardless of length of the HDMI cable)
Generic HDMI cables can be purchased for anything between R$54 and R$1,080 depending on the type and length.
Things To Consider When Buying an HDMI Cable
If you thought purchasing HDMI cable was a tough call, just wait till you are compelled to replace one for your computer or TV. With various types and brands available in the market today, it is very easy to get confused and lost when trying to select a specific type of HDMI cable.
There are various types and classes of HDMI cables. They vary in length, delivery qualities and prices. The variety available today makes it difficult to know the exact type to buy. Before you buy a HDMI cable, it is important you consider some basic factors to help limit your options and allow you pick the best for you. Here are some factor to consider when buying an HDMI cable:
- HDMI versions: This is one of the most important factors to consider when buying HDMI cable. The main point to understand is that HDMI is an embryonic standard. There have been various versions released into the market ranging from the 1.0 through to 1.4 and 2.0. With each version released, new experiences have been introduced. However, buying the latest HDMI cable does not guarantee it supports all the features pertaining to the computer or television. Ensure you consider the features the HDMI can support before buying one.
- Reliability: Sometimes, there are no picture quality difference between great HDMI cables and very bad ones. In fact, you could enjoy the same amazing viewing experience for the first few days but there is usually a huge difference min the overall build and this will eventually tell. One of the most important things to consider then is the reliability of the HDMI cable you are buying. Check the thickness and how fitted the cable is to the device and ensure you go with one you trust.
- Required length: HDMI cables vary in length. Many cables are only required to connect between connectors that are not so far away from each other. There are various cable lengths including lengths of 0.6, 0.9, 1.5, 1.8 meters and even much more. If you want to install the cable within short distance and would not need to be moving either of the devices up and down, you can conveniently go for one with shorter length and makes you avoid unnecessary coil up of cables. Also, if there is a considerable distance between the two devices you are trying to connect, you might need to get a longer cable, especially if you need to constantly move either of the device even farther. Longer cables allow these movements within considerable distance without having to move both devices at the same time.
- Consider the Brand: Brand matters; it always does. It is advisable to go for popular brands that are already tested and trusted when buying HDI cable. While this might be a challenge, considering the limited brands and loads of generic HDMI cables available today, you can still read about the brand and get basic info about the brand’s quality. Some brands have a reputation of manufacturing reliable and durable products. Read customer and user reviews to give you a better understanding of the durability, ease of use and reliability.
The main thing to consider when buying an HDMI cable is that you can safely consider the cheaper “common” option without necessarily compromising hint quality. Paying a crazy amount for a super HDMI cable in some cases may not be the best decision. It could even be an unnecessary waste of money that might not yield any significant improvement in quality. Considering these factors already highlighted here when buying an HDMI cable will make you save a whole lot of money and time. In addition, the prices highlighted above should give you a broad idea of what to expect in the market and make you plan accordingly.