Communicating in the English language has become one of the most essential qualities to have in the competitive world today. Whether to get a proper job, travel abroad for school or start a life, the importance of fluently communicating in the most popular language in the world, English, cannot be overemphasized.
In fact, better chances await for those individuals who can speak, write and communicate in the language well. These opportunities are among the thousand reasons why people take the IELTS examination.
IELTS is one of the most popular English proficiency test in the world. Apart from the fact that it is widely rated in various English speaking countries, most universities in these countries have made it a requirement for students looking to gain admission into their institutions.
With speaking as one of the subtests, getting a good IELTS evaluation to improve speaking skills is one of the core secrets in a successful IELTS examination. However, it is not all the time that an IELTS test candidate can sit in a class and learn things to improve their speaking skills.
The IELTS exam is required from non-native English speakers who want to study, work, or live in English speaking countries. For a lot of young people looking to travel in recent times, the IELTS certification is as important as a passport to making their dreams come true with their applications overseas. In fact, certain countries have made this English proficiency test core and criteria for people become they are allowed to work or study there.
With the importance of IELTS growing by the day, the big question becomes how to enroll and how much the test actually costs. If you have been asking yourself these questions, you are on the right page. Here, we will consider the cost of IELTS in South Africa today and also take a look at how to enroll and important steps to take when preparing for the test.
Cost of IELTS in South Africa
If you are thinking of leaving South Africa to study at a British University, Canadian University or in other countries outside Africa, you should expect to take the IELTS exam, and soon in that. The exam is one of the most regarded means of testing English proficiency. The test is one of the most registered in the world today and it comprises of various sections.
On average, the IELTS in South Africa current costs between R$2,736 and R$3,060. The variation in price is as a result of the inconsistent currency exchange rate. It is advisable to register for this test when the currency exchange rate is relatively balanced and fair. The test can be written in various parts of the country and at a specific time. Usually, the test is written at least 8 times every year although locations change. Johannesburg and Pretoria are the most popular centers for IELTS as tests are written more than once a year in these locations and some few other locations.
How to Enrol for IELTS
IELTS is one of the most popular English proficiency tests in the world. It is a test recognized worldwide and taken by various types and classes of people. It is highly needed by people who want to study or work outside the country where English is the main language. The test is organized by the British Council.
Do you want to know to register for the test? Get on with this. Here are simple steps to take when registering for IELTS. Note that these steps are easy and stress-free. If these steps are followed, you should expect a smooth registration.
- Get Understanding of the Test: This is the first thing to do, and that is logical. Read about the test very well and ensure you are ready to take the test. Read about the fees, examination type, mode of the test, examination centers and available dates. Make sure you also met the age requirement of a minimum of 16 years old. The, you should be ready to proceed.
- Pick Exam Type: There are two modes and types of IELTS – General Training and Academic. Choose the one that suits you.
- Pick Exam Date and Location: Do not rush at this stage. It is essential to pick a period that suits you and a location convenient for you. You can check the British Council website for available dates and venue. Note that test dates close and it is necessary to get yourself updated about the latest dates for the test.
- Get Necessary Documents: The registration does not require so much. Just scan your international passport and basic details. Make sure you upload the image on your passport in png, jpeg or gif format. The scanned copy of your passport should include basic information about you including your birth date, passport expiration date, and signature.
- Payment: You can make payment via bank transfer or bank draft. There are various bank options available. Pick any of the banks listed, select a payment method that is convenient for you. After making the payment, send your payment evidence along with your passport at the British Council office. Once completed, you will get a confirmation mail with the access code for your online practice questions and other helpful materials.
How to Prepare for IELTS Exam
If you are planning to take IELTS the following guidelines will help you in the process of your IELTS preparation.
IELTS Coaching Centres
If you have made up your mind to take the test, attending an IELTS lecture will help a great deal. You get to learn more about the test and prepare adequately. Although there are limited numbers of IELTS coaching centers in the country, you can be sure to locate some in Johannesburg, Pretoria and Port Harcourt.
If getting an IELTS tutorial center is quite difficult for you, you can try online tutorials. There are hundreds of such classes online.
Study Materials and Self-Tutoring
This could perhaps be the best way to prepare for the test. Study materials, go through test manuals and practice past questions. This way, you should be good to go. Best of lucks.