People have castor oil for thousands of years for several purposes. This multi-purpose vegetable oil is extracted from castor beans and it contains an enzyme known as ricin. Castor oil presents users with several industrial, pharmaceutical, and medicinal benefits.
It is used as a food additive, in skincare, and also as a medication. In this post, we will discuss the prices of the different castor oil brands on the South African market. Let’s get started.
Prices of Castor Oil in South Africa
Castor oil has grown in importance over the years because of the amazing properties it possesses. The question that begs an answer is “how much does castor oil cost in South Africa?” As we have mentioned earlier, there are a plethora of brands on the market and there are different sizes. We will be discussing the different prices in this section.
Jamaican Mango and Lime Castor Oil Prices
- Jamaican Mango and Lime Black Castor oil 8 Oz – R$180 – R$198
- Jamaican Mango and Lime Black Castor oil 4 Oz – R$126 – R$137
- Jamaican Mango and Lime Black Castor oil 2 Oz – R$72 – R$101
Kuza Castor Oil Prices
- Kuza Natural Jamaican Black Castor Oil 4 Oz – R$126 – R$198
KTC Castor Oil Prices
- KTC Pure Castor Oil 250 ml – R$72 – R$101
Elhawag Castor Oil Prices
- Elhawag castor Oil 1 Litre – R$245 – R$270
- Elhawag castor oil 30 ml – R$36 – R$54
Hemani Castor Oil Prices
- Hemani castor Oil 1 litre – R$234 – R$270
- Hemani castor Oil 30 ml – R$342 – R$54
- Blue Magic Organic castor Oil – R$83 – R$101
- Taliah Waajid Castor Oil – R$152 – R$170
Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Prices
- Hollywood beauty castor oil 7.5 Oz – R$69 – R$94
Kuddy Cosmetics Castor Oil Prices
- Kuddy Cosmetics Jamaican Castor Oil 29 ml – R$144 – R$173
Deluxe Organics Castor Oil Prices
- Deluxe Organics Castor Oil – R$90 – R$141
Eco Styler Castor Oil Prices
- Eco Styler Castor and Flaxseed Oil Styling Gel 16 Oz – R$80 – R$90
- Eco Styler Castor and Flaxseed Oil Styling Gel 32 Oz – R$94 – R$126
- Eco Styler Castor and Flaxseed Oil Styling Gel 8 Oz – R$44 – R$58
Tropical Isle Castor Oil Prices
- Tropic Isle Black Castor oil 118 ml – R$72 – R$119
- Tropic Isle Black Castor oil 4 Oz – R$166 – R$188
- Tropic Isle Black Castor oil 8 Oz – R$281 – R$317
Shea Moisture Castor Oil Prices
- Shea Moisture Black Castor Oil 16 Oz – R$270 – R$299
- Shea Moisture Black Castor Oil 13 Oz – R$209 – R$216
- Shea Moisture Black Castor Oil 13 Oz – R$188 – R$206
- Shea Moisture Black Castor Oil 11 Oz – R$177 – R$198
Castrol Castor Oil Prices
- Castrol Castor Oil 70 ml – R$36 – R$72
Sunny Isle Castor Oil Prices
- Sunny Isle Jamaican Castor oil Edge Gel and Moussa Combo 3.5 Oz – R$180 – R$216
- Sunny Isle Jamaican Castor oil Edge Gel 3.5 Oz – R$130 – R$152
- Sunny Isle Jamaican Castor oil 8 Oz – R$119 – R$191
- Sunny Isle Jamaican Castor oil 4 Oz – R$123 – R$152
- Sunny Isle Jamaican Castor oil 2 Oz – R$65 – R$134
The varying prices are based on the supposed quality of the different brands. We gathered these prices from a survey of online and offline vendors of these products. Note that the prices may differ slightly depending on your location and the vendor.
Benefits of Castor Oil
Castor oil presents users with several amazing benefits. In this section, we will look at some of these benefits.
Castor oil is recognized around the world as one of the most powerful natural laxatives. It is a stimulant laxative. This means that it facilitates the movement of all the muscles that move materials through the intestines.
Because of this property, castor oil is a great remedy for constipation. However, there are possible side effects such as diarrhoea and cramping.
Castor oil contains a high amount of ricinoleic acid. This monosaturated fatty acid is great for moisturizing the skin. Due to the presence of this acid in castor oil, it is largely used in skin products to promote hydration.
Promotes the healing of wounds
One of the properties of castor oil is that it helps to stimulate the growth of new body tissue. This means that it is perfect for healing wounds. It also reduces dryness while preventing dead skin buildup.
Acne causes blackheads, pimples, and other painful bumps on the skin. Castor oil helps to reduce the development of acne on the skin. This is made possible because of its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.