South Africans are lovers of music, especially thumping, bassy, and heavy beat music. You can see this in the kind of music the artistes churn out and how South Africans react when such tracks are played in parties and clubs.
Another thing South Africans love is movies; you see South Africans going to the cinemas to watch movies every weekend. This isn’t much of a surprise as Nollywood is one of the largest movie industries in the world, alongside Hollywood and Bollywood.
Imagine if the thumping music in the club and quality of sound in the cinema can be replicated in your home, that would be just great, won’t it?
It’s like bringing some of the appeals of the club and the movie theatre into the house. That’s what the home theatre system does. As the name implies, it is a home system.
It is one of the very important gadgets music or movie lovers can have in their living room. Some people even equate its importance with that of the TV. That is arguable though. In fact, some people believe that no living room is complete without a great sound system.
Apart from the functionality of home theatres, they come with lots of aesthetic value and can actually make a good design piece in your home. They come in various shapes, sizes, functionalities and features. Some of the latest ones come with both Bluetooth and wifi capabilities.
With Bluetooth, you can play music from your devices without having to connect cords. And for those who love to stream music, you can stream online.
Some home theatre systems are literally wireless. They only come with a power cord, and every other connection is done either through Bluetooth or other wireless means.
Basically, a home theatre sound system comes with a set of speakers. It usually has a subwoofer which is often times the biggest and deepest as per sound quality production. And then there are the smaller speakers that usually come in threes or fives.
This article focuses on the prices of some popular brands of Bluetooth home theatres in South Africa.
Price of LG Home Theatre System with Bluetooth
LG is one of the most popular electronic makers in South Africa. The company was formerly known as Goldstar until sometime in the early 2000s. LG is short for Life’s Good. Apart from home theatres, it also manufactures other home appliances ranging from Ac to refrigerators, televisions and kitchen appliances. Below is the price list of LG home theatre systems in South Africa.
- Bluetooth LHG LG sound system: R$ 2,960 – R$ 3,330
- Bluetooth AUD 547 LG sound system: R$ 2,220 – R$ 2,405
- Audio 5ARX LG Sound System: R$ 3,885 – R$ 4,440
- Bluetooth ARX LG sound system: R$ 3,700 – R$ 4,070
- Hifi sound system: R$ 2,035 – R$ 2,220
- DH750TW Wireless LG sound system: R$ 8,510 – R$ 9,250
- Party Audio DJ98 LG Sound System: R$ 5,920 – R$ 66,600
- LG 330 WTS sound system: R$ 2,405 – R$ 2,590
- Bluetooth HT358BI LG Sound System: R$ 888 – R$ 1,480
- AUD 5500 ARX LG Sound System: R$ 6,771 – R$ 7,400
Related: Prices of LG Home Theatres in South Africa 2022
Bose Bluetooth Home Theatre Price
Bose is not very popular in South Africa, however, it does have an okay market in the U.S, especially in the portable and wireless soundbar range. A major challenge many South Africans will have with this brand is that it’s quite expensive. Not many South Africans can afford it. However, it is very durable and the sound projection is just excellent.
- Bose Acoustimass 5 series home theatre: R$ 8,880 – R$ 11,100
- Bose Sound System V35: 1,200,000 – R$ 56,000
- Bose Home Theatre 738516-1100 Lifestyle: R$ 56,000 – R$ 74,000
- Bose Cinemate 120 wireless home theatre: R$ 37,000 – R$ 45,000
- Bose 20 series Home theatre: R$ 55,500 – R$ 7,400
Samsung Home Theatre Sound System
This company has its hands in several pies of the South Africa market. From construction to haulage, safety and, of course, electronics. Not just household electronics but also gadgets like phones and other handhelds. Samsung has a reputation for excellence in its products, and the home theatre systems are no different.
Here are some of the Samsung Bluetooth home theatre systems and their prices.
- MX-HS 9000 Giga Sound System: R$ 9,990 – R$ 11,100
- Samsung DVD Home Theatre system HT-F453B: R$ 4,070 – R$ 4,440
- Samsung HW-MS 550 Samsung Premium Stereo: R$ 4,070 – R$ 4,810
- Samsung Theatre MX – FS8000: R$ 19,240 – R$ 20,350
- Samsung Karaoke Entertainment System: R$ 3,885 – R$ 4,070
- Samsung DVD Home Theatre HT-E330K: R$ 259 0 – R$ 2,775
- Samsung Wireless 200W Audio Soundbar: R$ 6,660 – R$ 7,400
Sony Home Theatre Prices In South Africa
Sony is quite an old brand that has been in the South Africa tech market for a long time. Sony products are predominant among electronic products sellers in all parts of the country. Below is a list of Sony Bluetooth home theatre systems and their price.
- Sony Home Theatre Blu – Ray 3D 1200W: R$ 17,205 – R$ 17,760
- Bluetooth High Power Sony home theatre: R$ 3,330 – R$ 4,810
- DAV-TV 160 Sony home theatre: R$ 3,034 – R$ 4,070
- X10D Sony home theatre: R$ 8,695 – R$ 9,250
- Blu –Ray premium Sony home theatre: R$ 12,580 – 400,000
Polystar Home Theatre Price
This is not a very popular brand in South Africa. Some have even avoided the brand thinking that it is “China”. Whatever it is shouldn’t be a problem. Polystar has a target market and that’s in the lower end of the spectrum. So, those who can’t afford the premium products can still enjoy home theatre sound.
Here are some of their offerings.
- Bluetooth Home Theater with USB, HDMI, & DVD Player R$ 2,109 – R$ 2,590
- PV-VT607 5.1Ch Home theatre System: R$ 962 – R$ 1,036
- Bluetooth Home Theater System PV-BK722B DVD/5.1Ch, With HDMI: R$ 1,147 – R$ 1,332
- DVD Tallboy Home Theatre System (PV-BK615): R$ 1,517 – R$ 1,665
- PV-EL616 DVD Home Theatre System: R$ 1,924 – R$ 2,035
- 5.1CH Polystar Home Theatre System With HDMI: R$ 1,036 – R$ 1,110
- v5.1 inch Powerful Bluetooth Home theatre system PV-BK722B: R$ 1,290 – R$ 1,406
Other Bluetooth Home Theater Prices
- Djack Bluetooth Home Theater System with DVD Player – R$ 851 – R$ 1,110
- Gway Bluetooth Home Theater Shock System Mark 11 – R$ 552 – R$ 962
- LG Bluetooth Home Theatre (330 Watts) R$ 2,479 R$ 2,960
- Hisonic Bluetooth Home Theater System MS-6030 R$ 611 – R$ 666
- Homeflower Bluetooth Home Theater System HF8800/4.1 BT and DVD Player- R$ 1,110 – R$ 1,295
- Havit Powerful v2.1 Bluetooth MultiMedia Sub-Woofer R$ 444 – R$ 555
This is not an exhaustive list of Bluetooth home theatre systems in South Africa. There are other brands like Panasonic, Sharp, Hitachi, Casio and many more. Although the price, features, and design of many of the home theatres vary, there are two things they have in common; they are all Bluetooth enabled and they improve the sound quality of your audio.
Compare Home Theatre Prices in South Africa
- Price List of Polystar Home Theatre in South Africa
- LG Home Theatres Price List in South Africa 2022